Welcome to your library!
The West Fork Municipal Library provides the people of West Fork and surrounding Washington County with books, movies, computer access, activities and events, and other services.
Whether you’re new in the area and simply haven’t found us yet, or you’ve been here for years and you’ve forgotten about us, come on by and see what you’ve been missing! This is your library.
Expansion and Patron Updates
As you have heard, West Fork Public Library has started its expansion! The dates of construction are April through October of 2019. This construction will be done in 2 phases and should require no more than 2 weeks of complete shutdown. Though we will downsize our available collection and library space as the construction takes place, we will still serve as the cornerstone for your usual library needs and will be open our regular library hours.
We would love to remind you that we are part of the Washington County Library System that has over 300,000 books available, as well as a wide selection of movies, music, and audiobooks. All system materials are available for delivery to West Fork Public Library. If we do not have an item on our shelves during this time, please let us know so we can request it and within a few days, have it ready for pick up at our library!
As we update our space, building, and collection, we find this time as a great opportunity to reinforce the library practices and policies:
- Patrons are limited to a total of 20 items checked out. Within this 20 item limit, patrons may have up to 10 DVDs. These limits also apply to placing holds.
- Materials may be checked out for 2 weeks with 2 renewals unless it’s a special item, an item that belongs to a different library, or on hold for another patron in our system. You may renew all other materials in person, by phone, or online at catalog.wcls.lib.ar.us
- All West Fork items accrue overdue fines of $0.10 per day, per item. Currently, DVDs borrowed from Springdale, Prairie Grove, and Lincoln accrue overdue fines of $1.00 per day, per item. Borrowing privileges will be blocked if fines or fees exceed $5.00.
- An amnesty has been given to all West Fork patrons and overdue fines owed on or before 12/31/18 have been cleared. *Patrons will be billed the replacement cost for lost or damaged materials. Our goal is to get all items that belong to the library, back to the library.
- You must present your WCLS library card in order to check out materials. In the event you have forgotten your library card, you must present a photo ID.
We can’t wait to share our new resources with you in the fall! Thank you for your patience during this time. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions as we grow together.
We would love your suggestions for items or things you would like to see in the future at West Fork Public Library. We have a suggestion basket at the library or you can email the librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Fork Public Library